Saturday, May 28, 2022

Am I a Religious Man

What Do I Believe?

 Just in case anyone ever reads these essays I feel I need to clarify what I believe in. Now I know that there are those who will read these essays and say there is no way this person believes in God. Well, I am here to answer this and leave no doubt as to whether or not I have any religious convictions. This may run contrary to the beliefs of many, but this is what I hold dear when it comes to God.

And here we...go

First of all I have been dropping subtle hints throughout my previous posts that should have started you down the path to which particular religion I belong to. In truth though the hints I have left have been rather vague and possibly too obscure to notice unless you belong to the same religion.

1)    I believe in the Bible and the Bible only as to God's plan for the redemption of mankind.
            
John 3:16 tells us "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son , that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." KJ

2)    I believe in the Biblical Sabbath, that being Saturday. So I will attempt to show the flaws in the belief that Jesus was the one who changed the sabbath day not man, when in fact the reverse is the truth. 
         
After the original apostles died new ideas were being introduced to Christianity. At the council of Nicaea (circa AD 325) Roman emperor Constantine and the Catholic church established the first day of the week as the day of rest. 
        Church of Christ.

On March 7, 321, however, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun. This was done with the blessing of the the  Catholic church. 
        Catechism of Catholic Doctrine

The Spanish word for Saturday is Sabado. 

I ask/challenge any Bible Scholar to show me where in the Bible this was done with the counsel of  God or Jesus Christ. This was simply the work of man!

3)    I believe that God is the only being worthy of hearing our confession of sins committed by man, with the only intermediary being Jesus Christ who was infallible. 

4)    I believe in Baptism by immersion!

5)    I believe in being saved by grace, but still being under the law. Saved by grace through faith not works.

Now for the reveal:

What religion am I? 

I am a PROUD MEMBER OF The SEVENTH-day ADVENTIST CURCH!

I may not sound like it in my essays, but that is because I made a conscious decision in the not too distant past to return to the religion of my family after walking away because I lost faith in myself. I have always believed in God as my creator, Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and the Holy Spirit as the keeper of my conscious.

I am by no means the best Adventist, and in fact am probably down somewhere down near the bottom of the list. 

So now you know. Accept me religion and all or reject me outright, that choice is up to you and will in no way dissuade me from my religious beliefs. 

Thank you and God Bless. Peace.

I am not as well healed as I should be, however, the answer to the question is YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment