Friday, July 31, 2015

American Politics

Same candidates + Voter Apathy =

Rampant Dumbfuckery

Allow me to preface this before I go any further. I am a Christian white American male, and not privileged by any means. I live on a fixed income of $1,000.00 per month. As a Christian I will share all of my beliefs with people the exception being the precise Christian denomination I belong to. I vote my conscience not along anyone’s party line. I say what I mean and if I say it you can bet that I believe in it.

Simply put this is going to be a shoot, a simple commentary that is coming straight from the hip. I have done exactly 0 minutes of research for this; I am doing this to give myself a break to rest up from three weeks of research for my past thoughts and for a weighty subject that is soon to come. These are just my opinions without any supporting citations or documentation. As usual I will do my best to make strong cases, however, the choice to believe as usual falls on your shoulders, not mine. Please don’t take my word for anything, check out what I say for yourself in your own time. I give the same advice even if I do my research.

So let’s get started:

POLITICAL PARTIES: These are large organizations that fund candidates through the use of donations by large major corporations. So what do you suppose the RNC and the DNC trade for these donations? My guess would be our country. Jobs are being outsourced to other countries because they can save so much of a percentage that is then turned into profit and used for the next golden parachutist that comes along. Americans are out of work so the rich can get richer and the poor can starve to death faster.

BAD BUSINESS DEALS: These come in the form of nuclear treaties being signed with nations we should know better than make these sorts of deals with. Our country is trillions of dollars in debt, yet we keep sending money to nations who would rather see us fall on our faces. Keep that money in our treasury to fund the programs necessary to maintain a quality of life for our elderly, use a portion to strengthen our retired military personnel finances, these are the people who have defended our Constitution and our very lives and for this we owe them at least that much.

OATHS: Anyone who has ever served this country whether through political, federal jobs, military, naturalized citizenship or any other means, has had to take some type of oath pledging allegiance to the country, the Constitution or trade secrets. Now, due to people complaining about God being mentioned in the pledge of allegiance it is no longer recited in most schools across the country. The oath of allegiance to America that has been taken by millions of immigrants since its foundation should at least be changed. That’s right, changed, amended, and reworded to allow for the freedom to choose if these individuals serve this nation under arms, just like everyone else. If an American born citizen is afforded the opportunity to make this choice so should our newest naturalized in my opinion. 
Here is how it currently reads:
"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
The highlighted area is the section that will be omitted if or when our leadership gets around to having it deleted.

FLAGS: So the Supreme Court of senile individuals has declared that same sex marriage is now legal. Well good for them, did that mean that the rainbow flag associated with the gay pride movement should have been made a light show on the White House? Why weren’t the national colors of red white and blue on that same house over the 4th of July weekend? And for that matter why did it take 5 days to lower the flags across the nation to half staff/mast after 5 service members were gunned down in a gun free zone?

This next comment comes from a man whom I respect for what he has done for our country.
While as a black man, I applaud taking the Confederate Battle Flag down from municipal or state property, I vehemently oppose efforts to completely erase Confederate symbols from history. Leave the graves alone, leave the statues alone, and leave the flags alone that are flying on someone's truck or other private property.

Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

Further, as a black man, I'd rather someone display their racism openly....then I know who to avoid.

Lastly, I will defend to the death anyone's right to sport the Confederate Battle Flag. If I do not, then the Constitution means nothing.... I took an oath to defend it. I take that oath seriously.
To my friend and my brother in arms, W, I say thanks to you for allowing me to borrow this sentiment. You will or should notice that nowhere does he say Confederate flag, which is because the flag that is causing so much consternation is not the Confederate flag. This is how an oath should be honored so thank you sir for taking this oath and for standing by it.

LEGISLATION: They (the Supreme Court justices) know as well as anyone should know that they do NOT have the power to create legislation. I don’t know for sure but this seems a little bit like crossing the line which ensures a separation of church and state to me. I mean think about it, this in essence is one branch of the government telling religious organizations, churches, justices of the peace or judges that because the Supreme Court says it is legal  these pastors, justices or judges have to set aside their personal religious beliefs just so a man or woman can marry someone of the same sex. If the religious leaders don't want to perform these ceremonies they should be allowed their convictions without being told they have to carry out a sacred service against their will.

Personally I don’t care one way or the other about same sex marriage, here is where I differ from most people of religious conviction, whomever you sleep with at night is your business and between you and whatever Higher Power you believe in. I know what I believe and for that reason I will continue to “love the sinner while hating the sin being committed." Yes that is right I said it. The Bible teaches us that man lying with man as he would with a woman is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. But the Bible also admonishes us that we should not judge lest we ourselves be judged by that same measure.

GUN FREE ZONES: Come on face facts people, this idea while a pleasant thought, fails miserably. The only people in gun free zones lately have been the ones who needed them and have been trained to use them. I understand our need to bury our military service members who are in harm’s way. But it seems that we are beginning to see that our service members are no longer safe here inside our own borders. This needs to change before too many more are killed, especially in the light of threats made against military installations and individuals lately.

GUNS KILL PEOPLE: BULLSHIT! I have yet to see a gun load its own magazine with ammunition, insert the magazine into it's own magazine well, charge (chamber the bullet for you civilians), and squeeze its own trigger. The truth of the matter is that guns only kill people if they are being used as a tool. I say tool and not weapon because as a veteran I am the weapon the side arm (pistol) or rifle I use is the tool of my trade.  If I am holding a weapon in my hands you can believe that I am only doing so in defense of something or someone I hold dear.

The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, you boys and girls in the district still kind of remember that document don’t you? It is the one you are so happily seeking to destroy. Well that amendment grants all LEGAL United States citizens of the United States to legally own the firearm of their choice to defend whatever they deem necessary to defend.

SCHOOLING: From another friend comes this pearl of wisdom from her 12 year old son whom she home schools:

This may offend some people but personal I don't care! I was having a conversation with my 12 year old (whom I home school) and he said mom with President Abraham being assassinated after the Civil War President John F Kennedy assassinated he was doing good for the country then President Reagan shot at and he did good for the country and then we have Barack Obama so I can't even call the president because all he's done is cause turmoil in our country and in England it what's wrong with this picture.

I did not know how to answer this question for him because he brings up valid points even though all presidents has a weight of stress on them to run a country the ones that were assassinated we're trying to do their best for all mankind. Well the one we have in office is doing nothing for mankind but those of Muslim and atheist philosophy. And if you can't see this you need to take your beer goggle glasses off, look at this man and see that he is up to no good, but destroying our country.

America needs to unite stand together and not be scared and take back what was ours as they are gradually taking it away from us. We the people and our constitutional rights tells us what we can and cannot do, those are our bylaws as Americans if people choose to come to America they need to learn these Bylaws, they need to stand by these bylaws and they need to back these bylaws. And if they can't then they don't need to be called Americans they need to go to their own country and live by their own means and stay away from us Americans.

LABELING OTHERS: Stop labeling and get over it, Black this, White that, Spanish American month, Hispanic American month, Black History month! WTF? And if we had a "White American month" we would all be called nothing but a bunch of racists. So quit labeling and learn to work together, lets clean up our cities and get along. You ever heard of peace, and yes it does work, it may take time but it does work and this doesn't mean two groups beating the shit out of each other or yelling and screaming for kicks. Make some real progress people and work together bringing communities as one team. It does work and has been proven before. If you want to become a citizen then do it the right way and follow the process. 

There were three other participants who helped me in writing this and as is my custom I have left their names out. I hope I reached you on some level with this. The time has come to WAKE UP AMERICA! We deserve a change. As Thomas Jefferson said “The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” Look at our government today and you tell me if it is time yet.

Thank you and good night. Peace

After thought:

My wife and I were travelling recently and saw a huge sign that read “Freedom Is Not Free.” Her response was priceless and worth repeating for its pure unadulterated truth. “It is a shame that you and so many others have defended the freedom of this country and in the not too distant future it will have all been for nothing.” Recently I came across a beautiful sentiment that I hope to see on a bumper somewhere soon it read “If you want to thank a veteran be the kind of American worth defending.” It should be needless to say that I agree with both of these sentiments wholeheartedly.

Just something to think about. Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment